Monday, January 23, 2012

Character Exploration 2 [updated 1.24.12]

This is mostly how I want the little boy to look. I went for the industrial revolution era instead of the 1300s. I might want to exaggerate the proportions a bit more and work on the face in clay. 

FACE STUDIES: the first one looks a bit too freaky.. so I adjusted it a bit in the second, but still looking for something more cartoonish. I will definitely resolve most of these problems in modeling it in clay. The silent vs. voice acting decision is a huge one.. but i believe the mouth should still move none the less. 
A good suggestion given to me by Jeff was to differentiate good and evil:
As far as color goes, I like the idea that the man has bold deep hues of purples, reds and greens. Since he is an outsider, I imagine he has traveled all over the place and it reflects in the textiles of his clothes.
Where the villagers will tend to be muted, monochromatic, and desaturated in color.. and very dirty lookin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, critiques, Advice, & opinions welcomed...