Sunday, March 18, 2012

Work for the week of (3/19/12)

CHILDREN
  • There are 23 children heads I have made, which I believe will make a good visual crowd.
  • There are 23 armatures to make..
  • There are 23 [13] outfits to make.
    • The color scheme for the children have been defined. 
    • The tones are mauves, dark corals, and charcoal browns.
    • Colorful pops of color will be incorporated as patches. There were a lot of different colors in the scheme, so to add those odd colors, I wanted to utilize the children to fill that in.

  • Decorate the faces:
    • I have purchased the leather to cover the faces. I plan on staining it to create more depth, and inserting beads for eyes.
    • There is also the hair to consider. 'Guh'....
  • I got my 50 magnets in the mail! They will be attached to the feet.
  • Foam might be perfect to stuff the bodies with. Its fast and easy and morphs well with string and wire. (ribcages, arms)
  • Muslin needs to be bought to make limbs and an overall covering for skeletons... I may have?
WAGON
  • The cages are very important. As well as a stool for the man to sit on.. A friend offered red felt for him to sit on. I want to laser cut the outer frames and fill the inside with the mesh.. I dont have enough to make individual cages. So this allows me to fake multiple cages... 'YESSS'
  • After that I need to make the connection for the horse. It consists of a bar, a chain connecting it to the wagon and the bars that reach to the horse. Not hard, I can laser some parts, Dowels have to be bought.
HORSE
  • Cover the body with foam to build volume to the flat panels.
  • I have bought hairy fabric for the horse, It will look great! I can cover the face and the body, I think shredding the fabric and covering the horse in planes will work the best, It will create better curves and a stylized accent. 
  • Ears, Magnets, Hair from my own head for the mane and tail, Eyes.. Finishing details, and I am done!
  • The harness for the cart is also important. Cover with leather to look like existing harnesses.
TREES
  • Make a lot of trees. 
  • Mix water and glue to create a stiffening method.
  • Hang upside down to get the roots and branches to make desired shape.
  • Wire for structure.
  • Different scales. Large up close, small for distance perspective effects.
  • This will be replaced by 2D animation that will be edited into the 3D footage with a bluescreen. This also replaces building the town at all.
BRIDGE
  • Damn CAN NOT FORGET ABOUT THIS.
  • This is the most important element, and I have found trouble finding a magnetic surface to hide in the panels.. I must look harder, and possibly order online.
  • Buy wood, yada yada yada..
  • Make the bridge.
For this week the MAIN CHARACTERS have to be made. THE BRIDGE has to be finished. The CLOTHES have to be finished. TEST ANIMATION should be made soon. THE SET has to be assembled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, critiques, Advice, & opinions welcomed...