Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Making a Horse

Watch me make a horse from start to finish! See how I do it, how I mess up, and the work that goes behind one of these puppets. sorry the quality is crap.. i don't know why uploading it makes the resolution so bad..



From here I realized that it isn't strong enough to stand on its own without moving. It ended up being structurally weak even though I was able to get the movement of the joints right. So to salvage the hours I spent working on this, I reinforced it with tubes and pipe cleaners to make a brace for the legs. It ended up working perfectly and I am able to move onto the head...

There was a lot of tightening involved with the shoulders and the joints. It is partly due to the materials, paper isn't the best but I was more focused on the price of the materials. 
(I have spent a ton on the skeletons of the people, resin and leather isn't cheap, and there are masses of materials still to buy. It is a subdominant feature in the scene, but still, I would love it to be as good as possible.) 
So tons of pipe cleaners and hot glue are required.

[More videos to come]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, critiques, Advice, & opinions welcomed...