Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Plan for the week [2/29/12]

I need this as a mental note and a definite plan for today..

CHILDREN

  • There are 23 children heads I have made, which I believe will make a good visual crowd.
  • There are 23 armatures to make..
  • There are 23 outfits to make.
    • The color scheme for the children have been defined. 
      • [I will post a picture here of the swatches]
    • The tones are mauves, dark corals, and charcoal browns.
    • Colorful pops of color will be incorporated as patches. There were a lot of different colors in the scheme, so to add those odd colors, I wanted to utilize the children to fill that in.
  • Decorate the faces:
    • I have purchased the leather to cover the faces. I plan on staining it to create more depth, and inserting beads for eyes.
    • There is also the hair to consider. 'Guh'....
  • I got my 50 magnets in the mail! They will be attached to the feet.
  • Foam might be perfect to stuff the bodies with. Its fast and easy and morphs well with string and wire. (ribcages, arms)
  • Muslin needs to be bought to make limbs and an overall covering for skeletons... I may have?
WAGON
  • The cages are very important. As well as a stool for the man to sit on.. A friend offered red felt for him to sit on. I want to laser cut the outer frames and fill the inside with the mesh.. I dont have enough to make individual cages. So this allows me to fake multiple cages... 'YESSS'
  • After that I need to make the connection for the horse. It consists of a bar, a chain connecting it to the wagon and the bars that reach to the horse. Not hard, I can laser some parts, Dowels have to be bought.
HORSE
  • Cover the body with foam to build volume to the flat panels.
  • I have bought hairy fabric for the horse, It will look great! I can cover the face and the body, I think shredding the fabric and covering the horse in planes will work the best, It will create better curves and a stylized accent. 
  • Ears, Magnets, Hair from my own head for the mane and tail, Eyes.. Finishing details, and I am done!
  • The harness for the cart is also important. Cover with leather to look like existing harnesses.
TREES
  • Make a lot of trees. 
  • Mix water and glue to create a stiffening method.
  • Hang upside down to get the roots and branches to make desired shape.
  • Wire for structure.
  • Different scales. Large up close, small for distance perspective effects.
BRIDGE
  • Damn CAN NOT FORGET ABOUT THIS.
  • This is the most important element, and I have found trouble finding a magnetic surface to hide in the panels.. I must look harder, and possibly order online.
  • Buy wood, yada yada yada..
ug ug ug.. yep Remind you and Me that I have a week to achieve this... One week from today. Wish me luck and time.

Just realized, that if I dedicate one day to each of these parts, that I can finish on time. I'm tired just thinking about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, critiques, Advice, & opinions welcomed...