Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Skeletons!

Speaking of magnets, The skeletons have also come in the mail! Very exciting since so much of this project rests on this one component. Probably the entire film if you really think about it. So here at last thanks to Shapeways, the man and boy skeleton. I regret that it was so much, but in the time I have and what I can guarantee, it needed to be done. I believed that it will work and was really interested on modeling a figure in CAD and seeing it be printed physically. I see that I could have just cut up an action figure since that is what I based it off of...
Anyway, it came almost perfect, all of the ball and socket joints that are working could use some more friction, but that will be solved when I begin to cover it with clothes. Some were frozen into the joints, the secondary shoulders froze but not a loss, and the head socket froze. I need to fix or reprint the head. As for the magnet post, the torso and hip joints will be held and supported by magnets to make up for heaviness and looseness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, critiques, Advice, & opinions welcomed...